Keyboard functions

curlylad 10:26 23 May 04

How do you configure your keyboard to add additional symbols.In particular I am talking about the extra symbols in the names VoG with the 'TM' after it , A NICKNAME with all the accents and cadillas etc around all the letters , [email protected] with the 'R' in the circle after his name and madboy33 with both the 'C' and 'R' after his name in circles ?

User-312386 10:31 23 May 04

go to start>all programmes>accesories>system tools>character map

now select the character you want like this and copy and paste them

like this ©®

Graham ® 10:34 23 May 04

Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Character Map. Select a character, and paste it into Notebook.

Diodorus Siculus 10:34 23 May 04

Or if you have MS Word, simply type (r) and it will become ®, (tm) ™ (c) © etc. See under tools, autocorrect etc.

User-312386 10:36 23 May 04

nice one

I never knew that

curlylad 10:50 23 May 04

Thanks for that , just one of those things you see all the time but thought one day I'll ask how thats done !Unfortunately Diodorus Siculus I don't have MS Word , I don't 'spose you can download it anywhere can you ? I have Open Office , I'll se if I can do it in that .

curlylad 11:00 23 May 04

You've really started something now !

curlylad 11:11 23 May 04

As I said I have Open Office , brilliant free program , any way I can do the (r)® ,and the (c) © but for some reason it doesn't do the 'TM' thingy.Never mind VoG can keep his 'TM' for a while , BUT I'M ON TO HIM (lol) !

User-312386 11:14 23 May 04

Diodorus Siculus 11:16 23 May 04

I'm glad the OOo will do it; I rate that program highly but as I have O2K I stick with it.

curlylad 11:26 24 May 04

Are you also using a Microsoft based Office program to get the 'TM' logo ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…