Keyboard freezes after pressing Caps Lock

ski 'n' ski 13:46 22 Mar 03

My keyboard freezes after "Caps Lock" is pressed. The only solution is to reboot. I have changed my keyboard but the problem is still there.

Has anyone else had this problem?

What's causing it and what can I do about it?

meatlaff2 14:15 22 Mar 03

Never heard of this one. if you've tried another keyboard that you know works ok. Try going to Control panel/System, click on the + keyboard, then rite click, then remove keyboard from system. Turn comp off, leave a few mins, turn back on, comp should find new hardware (keyboard) and re-install it.

ellas 19:26 22 Mar 03

what type connection PS/2 or USB,if you still cannot sort it change to a USB or if you have a USB PS/2 connection keyboard.

recap 19:43 22 Mar 03

What is your O/S ski 'n' ski, I had something similar with a friends computer. She had XPHome on her machine. USB keyboard just stopped working, changed it for PS/2 and all was fine. Changed it back to see what would happen a couple of days later, the USB one works again. Never changed anything on her computer though.

I am starting to think that USB connections and XP don't like each other.

ski 'n' ski 07:49 24 Mar 03

I use Win98 SE. The keyboard is a PS2 type.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…