Keyboard Failure

winksey 15:00 19 Dec 07

When booting my computer it says keyboard failure and my keboard no longer works I am runnig Win XP and I have a Dell Dimensions 5150 computer package with which the keyboard was supplied. Can anyone give me any info on how I might re-enable my keyboard or is it ka-poot.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:12 19 Dec 07

what type of keyboard?
PS2
USB
Wireless

Diemmess 15:12 19 Dec 07

Apart from making sure it is really plugged in, have you possibly swopped your mouse and keyboard sockets at the computer?

If you do have to move them around, do switch off first, neither will take kindly to "hot plugging!

If you have to replace it, Keyboards are pretty universal and surprisingly cheap, but do see if you like the touch before buying.

winksey 15:15 19 Dec 07

It is a usb keyboard,and no I dont believe ive swopped my mouse and keyboard at the computer but ill re check that.

recap 15:17 19 Dec 07

click here where you have a choice of either chat to a Tech guy or use the drop down menus to narrow your search.

To chat with a Dell Tech guy you will need your Service Tag number which is normally found on the back of your tower.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…