Keyboard failure?

Jackcoms 10:00 01 May 04

For about a month now I’ve been getting a brief message shortly after switching on my PC which says “Keyboard Failure”. The message appears before Windows loads and, nine times out of ten, boot up continues normally and I can then work normally. On the odd occasion that boot up freezes, I find that by re-seating the keyboard’s USB connection in the USB port the problem is solved and boot up then continues.

I believe that this problem started about a month ago when I temporarily moved the keyboard’s USB connection to a different USB port for a couple of weeks and then moved it back to the original port.

I’m using a Dell Dimension 8200, XP and a Dell multi-function USB keyboard which uses Dell software to run the multi functionality.

I wonder if the software is still ‘hunting’ between the two USB sockets for my keyboard and the problem would be solved if I un-installed and re-installed the keyboard software?

Diodorus Siculus 10:20 01 May 04

There is probably nothing to lose by reinstalling the software with the keybaord in the USB port that you want to leave it in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…