Keyboard errors!

totty102 19:35 19 May 04

I have a Memorex wireless keyboard and mouse. Having no problems with it but just noticed a slight glitch.
The shift symbol above the button '2' is supposed to be a set of speech marks but it is now giving me an @ sign and vice versa. However, it only seems to be happening in word (2003) as I have managed to write this post with the buttons the right way around!
I have noticed the same thing has been happening to a few keyboards at my university. Although its just an pain in the behind rather than a major issue, does anyone know what may be causing it.
Thanks

Socalled 19:44 19 May 04

go to control panel /regional and language option/ select language tab,/details/and remove all but United keyboard or select it from drop down list/

Socalled 19:45 19 May 04

sorry that should be United Kingdom keyboard
good luck

Graham ® 19:49 19 May 04

Control Panel, Regional and Languages, Regional Options, English (United Kingdom). Then Languages, Details, English (United Kingdom).

Click Apply, OK, both times.

totty102 19:52 19 May 04

thanks guys you are all genius' in the eyes of the humble computer novice!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…