Keyboard drivers not supporting standby

Tiana 21:49 24 May 03

I am running XP and if I try to go to standby get error telling me that my standard 101/102 keyboard will not allow it and to contact vendor if problem continues for possible updated drivers. I have the latest XP can provide and cannot find any anywhere to download. Also if I press cont/alt/delete when this happens I lose the mouse pointer and cannot close without turning computer off at the front. Keyboard and mouse work fine except when trying to go to standby.

DieSse 23:11 24 May 03

Try going into the BIOS , into the power section, and turning off the option to allow powering on and off from the keyboard.

Tiana 11:57 25 May 03

How do I start with Bios? Don't want to mess anything up. Are there any sites which I can get drivers for keyboard, or is Bios only way?

DieSse 13:16 25 May 03

Standard keyboards need no other driver than the one provided with Windows. Even multimedia keyboards, which do have drivers for the extra keys, will also work fine with the regular driver.

For delving into the BIOS, clue yourself up here click here - you can print this out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…