Keyboard doesn't work - then mouse frezees

Ben Chuud 03:36 01 Jul 03

I purchased a Tablet from Serif, connected it to the serial port. Then my problems started.. I have W2K installed, now my mouse works, my keyboard does not..In Control Panel, System, Hardware, The keyboard does NOT show, I am told by Windows that the mouse/keyboard share the same PS2 connection, how can it be as I have them plugged in as they have allways been. Unplugging, switching OFF/On is not making the keyboard to work.. when i mess about it in windows, the mouse also freezes.. please help

MichelleC 09:17 01 Jul 03

Have you looked in Device Manager for yellows?

Ben Chuud 21:34 01 Jul 03

Yes, I have, it doesnt appear in the device manager at all.. Once when it did, I tried to update driver, it responded with response that it will share share the same PS2 connection, when I said go ahead, the mouse froze and stopped working... I cannot even get into the BIOS as the keyboard does not work even then. What do I do.

MichelleC 08:58 02 Jul 03

The Serif site is offline, so I can't find out what a Tablet is. Have you tried their support?

Ben Chuud 08:30 07 Jul 03

I found a way around it, purchased a serial mouse, connected it to the PC, left the keyboard hooked to the PS/2 connection and now it works.. Thanks for all the support/comments.. Bye 4 now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…