Keyboard configuration problem

golfpro 09:17 02 Nov 03

I have a Compaq presario PC which I bought two years ago. At that time Win. ME was pre installed and I have a recovery CD for that. I have since installed Win. XP home. My problem is I wish to reconfigure my Keyboard and install more RAM, but I can not find a model No. anywhere on the PC or Keyboard, I need this to download the drivers, and find out which RAM board I need. Can I configure the keyboard from the ME CD, if not, where do I find the model No.

seedie 09:27 02 Nov 03

XP probably installed the drivers for your keybd, you have to tell it the KB is UK not USA. Haven't got XP but someone else on the forum will tell you how.

RAM issues can usually be resolved at click here. Choose your country first.

CD

golfpro 09:34 02 Nov 03

The parts of the Keyboard I wish to configure, are the short cut keys, some work and some don't.

graham√ 09:36 02 Nov 03

You can configure certain buttons in Control Panel, Keyboard. However, you do not need to re-configure the keyboard to instal RAM. Follow seedies link and enter the PC details.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…