Keyboard & mouse keeps freezing up.

Dandelion10 15:34 08 Jan 15

Hello everyone.

I have a problem. My mouse and keyboard keeps freezing randomly and the only way to 'fix' this issue is to hard restart my PC, so obviously I want to fix it. My specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 cores, 8 Logical Processors.

Graphics card - AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

Driver - AMD Catalyst driver (14.12 AMD Catalyst Omega Software)

tullie 15:36 08 Jan 15

Wired or wireless?

Dandelion10 16:52 08 Jan 15

Wired.

Bris 17:48 08 Jan 15

Are you sure its the keyboard & mouse and not the PC thats freezing?

If the PC is freezing there will be no disk activity light and the clock on the taskbar will stop.

If the PC is OK then plugging in a flash drive should cause some response.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:51 08 Jan 15

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

5. driver conflicts especially graphics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:52 08 Jan 15

virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

Dandelion10 18:14 08 Jan 15

It's completely random when it does freeze. It's not my PC freezing itself, considering if I have music playing or watching a video, they continue to play just fine.

However, I did update my driver to the recommended AMD Catalyst Driver 14.12 AMD Catalyst Omega in early/mid December, around the same time I started experiencing these issues. Maybe that's what's causing these issues?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:07 08 Jan 15

try rolling back the driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes