Keyboard active after shut down

pcbobby 14:28 13 Jul 05

My daughter recently acquired a new PC base unit. It works well, but has noticed that the keyboard LED is still active after close down, ie, the number lock LED etc is, still lit.
Currently, her only solution is to isolate the power to the PC at the wall socket.

I would appreciate advice as to whether this is problem that can be easily resolved, or major enough to confront the supplier.

Jackcoms 14:31 13 Jul 05

This probably doesn't answer your question but is it wise to turn off the power at the mains, anyway, after shutting down.

De Marcus 14:42 13 Jul 05

It isn't a design fault or hardware issue, for the most part the keyboards remain active to allow users to make use of the 'wake up' mode which is found in the bios. You can easily disable by navigating through your bios and looking for any entries called anything similar to the following:

1. Wake up events

2. Wake on lan

3. Wake on key press (or similar, this would be the one to disable)

It's a handy thing to have enabled if your pc is stuck somewhere way under your desk, it means you need only tap a key on the keyboard or mouse and voila, the pc fires up, no need to push the power button.

pcbobby 15:30 13 Jul 05

Thank you Jackcoms and De marcus, I appreciate your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…