Keyboard

eccy92 16:09 18 Mar 03

I have recently installed windows XP home edition
on my packard bell imedia 6300 1G AMD. Everything is working ok except for the keyboard.
Everytime I use the shift key all I get is the following symbol " and not the correct one ie the
pound and internet a sign. I have checked the device manager and it says it is working right and have also checked it is using the right drivers can anyone help please as I am sick of using the on-screen keyboard thanks David

Have you set keyboard properties in control panel to English (British)?

©®@$ђ 16:13 18 Mar 03

goto control panel/regional and language settings/languages/details

and change the keyboard layout to british

at the moment you have it set to usa

MAJ 16:15 18 Mar 03

You need to change the language in Control Panel from English(US) to English(UK). Control Panel > Regional and Language options.

reaths 16:16 18 Mar 03

go to control panel then keyboard settings you must make it english(uk)then hit apply then ok
you may have to put the OS disk in your cd rom
you do with win98

Diemmess 16:17 18 Mar 03

I think you have installedfor American English not UK English.........I'm not familioar with XP but with W98 and Control Panel you need to change at the Keyboard item and select language.

You might also check your Time Zone which should be GMT and not some American zone like EST

eccy92 17:09 18 Mar 03

I have changed all the settings to uk and still having the same problem thanks for the help anyway David

VoG™ 17:28 18 Mar 03

Have you rebooted after making the changes?

eccy92 19:01 18 Mar 03

Thanks everyone I had't changed the time settings
working now bye

eccy92 19:02 18 Mar 03

working now bye

eccy92 19:02 18 Mar 03

working now bye

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…