keyboard

gingepaul 14:55 02 Feb 03

hi all, yesterday my brother pulled my keyboard lead out of its socket whilst it was on, and since then i can't jump while running in ut2003 and wolfenstein, only 2 i have, just want to know if its the keyboard or ps2 socket thats damaged, cheers

LastChip 15:36 02 Feb 03

Probably, the only way to find out,is substitute the keyboard.

Maybe a friend could lend you one for a few minutes, to try.

Do take a close look at the pins though. Are any damaged?

It may not be either. Sometimes, strange things happen with driver files in circumstances such as yours, so it maybe a software problem.

gingepaul 17:29 02 Feb 03

i didnt install anything for my keyboard. all other operations work [shift and a letter, ctrl, alt, del] so its just jumping whilst running in a fps thats the trouble, for now anyway.

Djohn 17:48 02 Feb 03

gingepaul Forgive my ignorance, I don't play many games, so this is just a guess.

Although you did not install software for keyboard and therefore it is operating as a standard windows keyboard, am I correct in saying that when you install the game, you need to assign keys for task.

May be this is the problem and you need to look into the game setup to re-assign keys.

gingepaul 18:03 02 Feb 03

not that mate because i can still use space bar for jump, just not while pressing w [forward], and all the key configs are correct.??

gingepaul 17:44 03 Feb 03

all sorted now, after a reboot it was all fine, wierd eh?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…