Keyboard

Granddad Ray 10:55 21 May 06

I moved my computer recently and when I re-installed it, neither my computer nor my keyboard would work. The mouse I solved by plugging it into a USB socket. I bought a new keyboard which also had USB plug and installed it and everything seemed OK. However when I next booted up my computer, it froze during Windows start up. I tried several times with the same result. Then I unplugged the keyboard and it booted up successfully and when it was plugged in again it work. I have to do this everytime now. It's no big problem bu I would like to get rid of it. Can anybody help?

Diemmess 11:05 21 May 06

Back a step.... before you moved the computer were you using PS2 connections? It is very easy to swap keyboard and mouse sockets and then wonder why it doesn't work.

The USB connection for the keyboard may depend on a suitable motherboard and OS.
Earlier versions of either may not recognise USB UNTIL windows is up and running.

Granddad Ray 13:42 21 May 06

I tried both mouse and keyboard in both sockets to eliminate this possibility. However it is an old computer and you second point could well apply.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…