keyboard

obbit 16:37 12 Apr 04

could i remove the keys from the keyboard and splash WD40 in it?

some of the keys are ceasing up.

i know they are cheap but i have grown fond of this one

QuickHare 16:49 12 Apr 04

It is possible to on some models. Use two small knives from the cutlery drawer to lever it out, getting the knives either side, under the key.

Replacing it should be just a matter of popping the key back on and pushing down.

Do this when the computer is switched off for safety reasons, and there is no guarantee the key will go back on (if it isn't designed to be cleaned this way).

WD40 may not be the best idea, though as it may cause a short circuit or something. Again, it may not be best to do this.

As most people would, I advise to buy a new keyboard. They're cheap, better, and for health reasons, a keyboard should be replaced annually (in an ideal world - think of all the sneezing on the keyboard and dirt from the fingers building up).

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:00 12 Apr 04

I strip and wash mine about every month or so but mine just 1 piece of plastic curcuit boad inside i chuck the rest in the bath.

Regards.

obbit 19:44 12 Apr 04

thanks QuickHare and  ÑÌÇKÑÂMË

i'll get a new one.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…