Key words in forum being highlighted in red?

spuds 12:36 27 Nov 13
Answered

Over the past couple of days, I have noticed that certain 'key words' are now being highlighted in what I would call bright red with a sort of motif attached, so providing a link to possible advertisements. I seem to recall this was something that ma have happened previously, but didn't concern me unduly, due to possible ad-blocking programmes on the computer working well.

I am just trying to find out, if my ad-blocking devices are not working like previously due to some pending fault, or whether PCA have upped their defences?.

One programme I used is Adblock Plus with great success.

lotvic 13:51 27 Nov 13

If you look at the bottom of the advert that pops up you will see who it comes from. I have AdBlock+ with Easylist and I added 3 custom filters for these that seem to cover me for most of my browsing so I don't get the 'in line advertising' key words highlighted *.intellitxt.com and ||powerlinks.com^ and /skimlinks.js

spuds 14:31 27 Nov 13
Answer

Jock1e - I use only Google Chrome on the PCA website. Don't use Firefox or IE on this website, or IE at all, if I can help it. Perhaps worth an experimental try with Firefox or IE and see what the results are?.

lotvic - The 'object' only appears on occasions, and appears intermittent in use. It seems to be linked more to 'Powerlinks' pop-up screens that PCA might have introduced at some stage?.

Thanks anyway guys, but as I previously mentioned, it's only just started to appear on my set-up, and I was wondering if it was something that I had introduced through a recent adjustment or update. I'll just monitor the situation for now, and see how things go.

Mr Mistoffelees 15:45 27 Nov 13

I use Opera 18 and Adblock (not Adblock Plus) and, together with some custom rules I set up, it blocks all adverts and some other things that were annoying.

wiz-king 15:55 27 Nov 13

It used to be in green at one time - I seem to remember.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…