Key Logger

bertiecharlie 10:53 14 Mar 04

My Key Logging programme says the "listed modules are monitoring your keyboard." The file is shown as idleproc.dll. There is a yellow warning symbol but it also states "no known pests". The file path is shown as "programme files AOL 8a." Should I delete this file, quarantine it, or mark it as safe or unsafe?

This is the first time I have run the key logging programme and, hopefully, this is just part of the AOL set up and nothing to worry about.

velodrome 11:07 14 Mar 04

Go here for a free scan. The programme has a good scan for keeloggers - click here

bertiecharlie 11:24 14 Mar 04

Thanks, but the programme I'm using is called Pest Patrol and I'm a bit worried about scanning with another programme when the "problem" has already been identified.

bertiecharlie 11:57 14 Mar 04

Just checked on your free scan recommendation and it is from Pest Patrol so back to square one.

anon1 12:12 14 Mar 04

It's the idle process within aol and it is merely waiting for you to type something.

bertiecharlie 12:19 14 Mar 04

Thank you annon1, and thank you velodrome for your advice also.

velodrome 13:49 14 Mar 04

Don't worry about scanning with another programme, like most people on this forum I also use Adaware and Spybot S&D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…