key board in xp bootup screen

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:01 31 Dec 03

HI,me again toher day xp didnt finish loading so i had to reset and got the screen up asking me what i wonted to do load normally,and so on,trouble is my keyboard is usb type and it wont move to the other options cos it not enabled until windows boots is there a way around this?.I looked in bios and USB support for dos is enabled but seeing as xp dosnt use dos cant see that makeing any odds.Key board works fine when xp boots.

Regards.

hugh-265156 15:03 31 Dec 03

enable "usb legacy support" in your bios.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:05 31 Dec 03

Thx huggy71 ill have a look see if that option in there.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:10 31 Dec 03

Another little niggle ,lol when i click a shortcut on desktop to start a game say i get a box pop up askin if i want enter a password and let others use the shortcut can this be turned off?

Regards.

hugh-265156 15:21 31 Dec 03

is your keyboard now working?

as for the password im not sure is this xp home or pro?

try right clicking the shortcut/properties/shortcut/advanced and untick "run with different credentials" maybe.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:24 31 Dec 03

Dont know about key board yet cos i not had to reset the pc lol will have to wait and see,as for the other info will give it ago.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:28 31 Dec 03

OK,the password on shortcuts has gone thx keyboard is working fine,thx.
1 more thing before i close thread how do you run the directx tests now in xp i cant find the icon i used to click before in the direct x folder.

Regards.

Rayuk 18:48 31 Dec 03

How are you going to get into bios with your usb keyboard as it wont work till windows boots.

May have to borrow someones PS2 keyboard or just buy a PS2/usb connector for emergencies.

Rayuk 18:51 31 Dec 03

Start/run type in dxdiag

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:09 01 Jan 04

I swopped keyboard for my old ps2 1 to set bios up lol then put other back, i did notice it shows up now as a HID compliant consumer device and not keyboard,or are they the same thing lol.

Regards.

Rayuk 11:14 01 Jan 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…