the@ key

swanny2 16:29 19 Mar 07

please can some1 explain why the @ on me keyboard wont work ..
I have too press shift /2 too get it too work.
cheers

anskyber 16:38 19 Mar 07

Is your keyboard set to English UK rather than US?

VoG II 16:44 19 Mar 07

Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages tab, Details button, set the keyboard to United Kingdom.

swanny2 17:21 19 Mar 07

did that Vog still same us setting even tho i clicked apply , after selecting uk . :O(

thatsall i get when i press @ >::::::::

Totally-braindead 17:59 19 Mar 07

I would suggest either, the keyboard you have is not a UK English keyboard OR as Vog has said you have it set to English US.
Move the mouse pointer over the EN next to the taskbar if it says English US thats your problem.
I can only presume when you changed the language you didn't click apply before OK.
If the keyboard is English UK the @ sign should be next to the enter key, if its not there then your keyboard isn't a UK spec one. A friend of mine had this bother with his new keyboard and when I looked at it I realised it wasn't a UK keyboard as some of the keys were slightly different.

Totally-braindead 18:01 19 Mar 07

Other option, click on the language bar thats the EN next to the taskbar and see what it says and change it if necessary to English UK.

birdface 20:06 19 Mar 07
  swanny2 15:13 20 Mar 07

The Keyboard was ok till me mate Formatted me pc an installed windows xp again . and theres no EN at bottom of me page either.

swanny2 15:13 20 Mar 07

The Keyboard was ok till me mate Formatted me pc an installed windows xp again . and theres no EN at bottom of me page either.

rdave13 16:51 20 Mar 07

Try this. Open notepad then press left shift+left alt keys together then try the right shift+@ key.

rdave13 16:53 20 Mar 07

If you get a beep press right shift and @ again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…