Kernel.dll

Rikku 08:39 14 Apr 03

Hi i recently went on a webpage and as soon as i went in my computer got infected with HTML.redolf.a virus (or summat like that) i managed to have all the files repaired except my kernel.dll which is now no where to be found on my coputer i was wondering if you could help me find a new Kernel driver for windows ME or give me a copy of your wndows ME driver. I have attempted to download a kernel.dll from a website but it didnt work because there was an error on line one or sumthing. please help thanks for reading and happy easter!

-pops- 09:20 14 Apr 03

Have you read about it click here It may help you get sorted out.

Brian

Rikku 09:38 14 Apr 03

Nopes i read that last nite and i cant change the things in the files now sonce one of them is gone do you think i should reformat? and re install win ME? i only just reformatted last month because windows xp wouldnt recognise my modem and wudnt uninstall :(

-pops- 09:47 14 Apr 03

I hate re-formatting/re-installing but it does seem to be your best option under the circumstances.

Before you do that, check if there are XP drivers for your modem as XP is a much better operating system in comparison to Me. I would go as far as getting a new modem, even!!

Brian

Rikku 09:53 14 Apr 03

Ive tried to find sum before BUT u gotta sign up for sum o the websites with credit cards and that i got a generic softk56 modem and if i cant find a driver then i will go out and buy a new one.

if you could also help with that modem driver then i would be very happy thanks

- Ashley

-pops- 09:58 14 Apr 03

Soft modems, for me, are creations of the devil! Never got one to work effectively.

For what a new one costs nowadays, I would certainly go for a hardware one, even an external so that you can see what it's doing.

Brian

Rikku 18:12 14 Apr 03

which 1 is better internal or external? and wud it be ok if i left the currant modem in or would i have to take it out?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…