//some 3rd party need geo

kernel32.dll

pj123 14:24 08 Jan 05

Have someone who says that Sygate Firewall keeps popping up with kernel32.dll is trying to access the internet, do you want to allow it etc....

Why would kernel32.dll want to access the internet?

A scan with Adaware found 43 objects which have been removed and Spybot found 2, also removed now.

AVG found nothing.

Thanks.

spikeychris 14:34 08 Jan 05

Kernel32.dll doesn't need to access the Internet, but a program that's
calling it does. Check out msconfig [depends on the operating system] or the startup folder.

JIM 14:45 08 Jan 05

Aureate Radiate (Tracker) a advertising module installed on a computer way back(olden days;) used the kernel32.dll via IE. Check it out via search/files but would assume your spyware software has taken care of that. (spybot s&d and Adaware)

pj123 15:35 08 Jan 05

Thanks Guys. Just been told now that they ticked the box Always remember etc... and said No.

Now every few minutes a window comes up to say that this has been blocked. They tick the Don't show this again box but it still keeps coming up every few minutes. It appears that the "Don't Show" ticked box isn't making any difference.

Or has Adaware and Sypbot and Spywareblaster missed something?

Only working by phone contact with this person at the moment. If I get something positive that can't be dealt with over the phone I can make arrangements to pop over and see them.

pj123 16:54 14 Jan 05

Just had someone else ring me with this very same problem. This time decided to say Yes and so far have had no more problems. I will now tell the orginal person to do the same next time it prompts for access.

Will close this thread now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…