Kerio Personal FIrewall's Demise

micklemouse 08:32 29 Oct 05

I have just configured this firewall and am very pleased with it; it's easy to work with and so far no intruders. Now I find that Kerio is discontinuing it but they give no reason as to why. I just wondered if anyone here has the answer? I've tried Sygate but it's a bit above me and anyway I dont have the know-how to allow it to run with AOL So if you know the reason it's being stopped please let me know?

Regards Micklemouse

Belatucadrus 09:02 29 Oct 05

Apparently it's finances, they're not making enough money with it so are concentrating on other areas of business. But no need to swap over yet, while they stop selling it in December 2005, support continues throughout 2006 and even unsupported it'll be a better firewall than most of its competitors.

micklemouse 13:11 29 Oct 05

thanks for the info Bela; now I think, who will compete with ZoneAlarm for the nerds like me for whom Sygate and the likes are just a little too complicated?

micklemouse 13:12 29 Oct 05

p.s. I shall remain faithful with Kerio to the bitter end lol

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:23 29 Oct 05

sygate firewall support click here

top right hand corner for
FAQ
Installation
Troubleshooting
Advanced rules

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…