Kerio free vs. COMODO personal firewall

johndrew 10:33 22 Aug 06

I currently run Kerio free firewall but was wondering about the COMODO Personal firewall on PCA`s cover DVD.

The security articles I`ve seen in various magazines seem, generally, to concentrate on packages rather than individual components and all packages seem to have weaknesses in different areas.

Having little expertise in comparing the various attributes of firewalls myself, I was hoping someone on the forum would have either looked at both and have an informed opinion or have used both.

Any advice/information/recommendation welcome.

Thanks in anticipation.

exodus 11:30 22 Aug 06

I have used various firewalls over the years including ZA, Sygate and Comodo. All gave some minor access problems to sites at one time or another.

I am currently using Kerio/Sunbelt free firewall for about one month without any problem. I also like the way Kerio advises that one program is attempting to open another. Keeps one in touch with what the computer software is doing behind your back.

As you are no doubt aware, the free version lasts for about 28 days before running in restricted mode. My trial version went into restrict mode after about 7 days.

In conclusion, despite this restriction, at the moment I am more than pleased with Kerio. If it stays like this, I may even dig into my pockets and contribute to their cause.

Carronade 13:39 22 Aug 06

I have been running Kerio for over a year without being lt own by it. After making the payment requested for one year's service it seems to run more smoothly than before.

Carronade 13:40 22 Aug 06

'lt own' - code for 'let down'!

johndrew 10:15 24 Aug 06

bump

al224 10:17 24 Aug 06

Comodo provides serious problems to your computer. DO NOT USE IT

Stick to Kerio

SB23 13:10 24 Aug 06

What do you mean, "serious problems to your computer".
I'm having issues again with ZA, and was thinking of using Comodo.

ade.h 20:56 24 Aug 06

When I tested Commodo, I fortunately didn't encounter any serious issues or bugs. But it did not quite match up to my benchmark (Kerio) so it has not been kept on any of our PCs. I noticed a larger system footprint, but most firewalls make a larger footprint compared to Kerio.

VCR97 21:07 24 Aug 06

Please explain the reason for your warning.

johndrew 20:02 25 Aug 06

From the recent posts, it looks as if a number of people are having problems with the Comodo firewall. Makes me wonder if it has been released free to enable it to be tested `in the wild` - probably my suspicious mind. I think I shall stick with Kerio, it`s been good to me so far.

Thanks for the input and comments people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…