Kerio firewall

old fiddle 10:51 23 Aug 03

Since I downloaded the firewall,read about it in my PC advisor, I am constantly warned of an Incoming connection Alert,four since I started to type this,they come from an address that I do not understand they want to send me a ICMP packet to my machine details about applicaion tcpip Kernal Driver.
Can any one please explain what is going on ? At moment I deny everything.

Belatucadrus 11:41 23 Aug 03

If you dont recognise the incoming connection, just tick the create rule box then deny permission. When Kerio has accumulated a set of rules, the connection popups will pretty well vanish. Don't forget you will have software on the PC like anti virus that will need to access the net for updates, when the popup for those crops up create rule and permit access. I've been using Kerio for years and it's ages since I've received a warning.

click here to download the manual if you want.

old fiddle 11:51 23 Aug 03

Thank you for your kind offer, unfortunately I am having problems with my printer and spool 32,dare not try to print in case my PC freezes and I have to reboot. I have just posted a thread regarding this,at least I think I did.(complete novice)

krypt1c 12:01 23 Aug 03

old fiddle
You can still download the manual and print it later. There's a pdf version of it.

Belatucadrus 12:02 23 Aug 03

Old fiddle, the manual is a pdf acrobat file so assuming you have acrobat reader, can be read from the PC screen. I don't agree with The Sack about Kerio being more complicated to set up than Zone alarm or Sygate. But if you do still find it on the intimidating side try Outpost Free click here it comes with some preset rules so is probably the easiest firewall for the beginner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…