KELV1950

kelv1950 18:38 30 Dec 07

Hi I need help i bought a microsoft laser 5000 mouse but for some reason it will not work on my pc i am running xp pro. I then took that mouse and bought a logitec marble mouse and have the same problem i have tried both as ps2 and usb and have installed all the software but alas no go. I have an old advent optical mouse and that seems to work fine any help on this issue would be great as i am getting to tghe stage where a size ten hammer may well fix it for me.

Regards KL.

The F1 Help Key 18:51 30 Dec 07

are u using a short of converter to connect the ps2 mouse in the usb or vice versa.

Restart your PC when u finish installing your new mouse.

Technotiger 19:10 30 Dec 07

I suppose you did put the batteries in the correct way round the morning after the night before - after all, it is Christmas time:-)

Also do the meeces show up in Control Panel and in Devices - in Devices is there a yellow exclamation mark anywhere?

Technotiger 19:11 30 Dec 07

PS - did you also un-install any mouse software before installing a different mouse, with its own software?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…