Keeps dropping internet connection

PhiltheFragger 16:04 20 Apr 05

XP SP2. Athlon64 3500
2024MB DDr RAM. 120gb HDD

I connect to the internet via an ADSL wired Router, Im on Wanadoo 30gb Broadband running Mozilla Firefox/Thunderbird.

Check the emails with Mailwasher Pro, If I check again,within 2 minutes I get a message to say that no internet connection is available.

Had the same problem with Internet explorer, so think its the router (set to always on) or the LAN or Mailwasher

Any ideas on what to do next

Yoda Knight 16:07 20 Apr 05

30 Gb broadband ? I think its to fast for your pc to understand ! lol ;)

could be noise on the line or a knackered filter

PhiltheFragger 19:57 20 Apr 05

Perhaps I should clarify, I have a broadband connection with a download limit of 30gb per month.

I have changed the filter, also have the latest firmware for the router and latest LAN Drivers

MikejgL 20:12 20 Apr 05

Recently took BT three weeks to solve this problem for me. Combination of noise and DACS (multiplexing unit) fitted by BT to save money (for them!) was cause. Report it as fault to BT and keep at them!

it dont matter much if you've even got a gold plated pc , if theres noise on the line its still going to drop out

PhiltheFragger 09:06 24 Apr 05

On Thursday, the phone line conked out totally,
Fault reported, BT coming round on Monday to take a look.

Will post back with results after their visit

Cheers

bof:) 09:27 24 Apr 05

Hi All,

PhiltheFragger, I'm on NTL BB and I also get 'no internet connection is available.' when I open Mailwasher for the 1st time. I find that if I then open Firefox, wait for it to connect to the net and then open Mailwasher it connects fine.

I thought it was just a glitch in the program. I'm not sure if it can be noise for me because I'm on cable. Also using a wired router and XP home.

Mike

PhiltheFragger 13:15 24 Apr 05

Thanks Bof, Might mosey over to the mail washer support and see whats happenning there

Report back later

PhiltheFragger 19:13 25 Apr 05

Problem Sorted
BT replaced the cable between post and house.
Everything works and no more dropped connections

Thanks for your suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…