Keeping windows 7 up to date

ponytail 07:55 25 Apr 14

I run Windows 7 and just wondered how I keep it up to date.I think it is set to run updates automatically but not sure.How do I check this or is it easier to just check for updates yourself on a regular basis.

onthelimit1 08:50 25 Apr 14

Start, Control Panel, Windows Update, Change Settings

ponytail 09:46 25 Apr 14

Hi onthelimit1 Have done what you suggested and it says updates are available for your computer 1 Important update is available 2 Optional updates are available and opposite it says no updates are currently selected. But cannot see any option to select download or install these updates. Can you advise Thanks

onthelimit1 09:54 25 Apr 14

Click 'updates are available'. Tick them then OK. You'll then go back to previous page where there will now be a box to download and install updates.

Pine Man 10:17 25 Apr 14

....or set it to only notify you when updates are available then you can select and install the ones you want.

ponytail 12:06 25 Apr 14

Hi Chaps first jock1e where do I find services and then disable windows updates.onthelimit1 when you said click updates are available did you mean click on important update is available because have done that then clicked on ok and it goes back to previous page but there is no box to download and install updates

onthelimit1 15:54 25 Apr 14

If you click important updates, then tick the boxes alongside those then OK, you should then have a Download and Install. If all too difficult, just set the updates to do everything automatically in Settings.

iscanut 16:50 25 Apr 14

You an always check exarch month as Microsoft usually issue most updates on the second Tuesday each month but best to check on the following Wednesday to allow for our clock differences.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac