Keeping the format of a scanned text document

bribert 17:34 12 Dec 07

I have office '03 and am trying to I want to scan a text document, transfer it to word but keep the format of the original scanned document as I want to change some of the text. I have look on office help but there is just to much information on there. A point and click explanation if possible if indeed it is possible. Thank you for any help in this matter

octal 17:39 12 Dec 07

You can scan it using Optical character recognition (OCR) software if the scanner supports it and save it as a word document or and RTF. Unfortunately it won't retain the formatting very well and it will struggle with some of the special characters. But you will be able to edit it, so you should be able to reformat it back the way it was.

bribert 21:10 17 Dec 07

thank you for the help. couln not keep format and just had to format it. rats!!!

bribert 21:10 17 Dec 07

thank you for the help. couln not keep format and just had to format it. rats!!!

jbaker65 10:39 18 Dec 07

Surely, if you scan it with a prog such as Fine reader and then save it in pdf format,the original format will be saved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced