Keeping focus in text boxes etc

Greenfingers 20:24 06 Apr 10

A friend is having difficulty getting typed letters into text boxes or even into word. Either only a few letters appear or sometimes only one before having to left click into where the type should appear to be able to continue. But having to do this over & over again. Also the same is happening when using any web browser.
The system is windows XP service pack 3.
I have run several virus & security software but this has not cured the problem. A strange one this which I have never experienced before. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.Thanks

MarvintheAndroid 23:07 06 Apr 10

Is this a laptop or a desktop ?

Marv

northumbria61 23:13 06 Apr 10

I am sure it is not related to a virus or security problem.

I would first try updating your keyboard driver and see if that helps.

Sea Urchin 23:32 06 Apr 10

Try downloading/installing TweakUI for XP

click here

Then expand General menu and select Focus - in right hand pane tick the box beside Prevent Applications stealing focus - click Apply and OK.

click here

Sea Urchin 11:06 26 Apr 10

Thanks for your tip to use tweakui to fix the focus. Having applied this all seems ok. Regards

Thanks for that - but always best to add to the thread, so that people know the outcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…