keeping files on laptop and pc synchronised

dobbin 13:56 15 Mar 04

I have just bought a laptop and have had no trouble at all connecting to my pc via usb cable and with a programme called PC-Linq. However I find it difficult to keep the files the same on both machines.

Is there a program available that will check files on both computers and upload or down load any new or changed files automatically. I have tried pcsync in the past and have never ever got this to work either through serial or usb cables.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

fitshase 16:49 15 Mar 04

Have you tried Briefcase?

It is free and included with windows. Try right clicking on your desktop and selecting New\Briefcase.

Simply drag the files into the briefcase, copy the briefcase to your laptop and then when you return, copy the briefcase back onto the desktop and click on update all.

Regards

Fitshase

JerryJay 18:26 15 Mar 04

Someone in this forum recommended SYNCHROMAGIC PRO
click here. I like it very much, just do what you want to do.

dobbin 20:29 15 Mar 04

thanks JerryJay, I have just downloaded it and will give it try at the office tomorrow. It sounds just what I was looking for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…