Keeping e-mail home page open permanently

SALLY S 22:21 05 Jul 05

Hi

I use yahoo for my e-mail and wondered if I could avoind having to go through the sign-in process each time I put the PC on.

Is there any way I could create a shortcut to my e-mail from the desktop to be permanently available to me without signing in.

I have tried minimizing the window but then when I want to look at say e-bay using a desktop shortcut it replaces the yahoo window.

I hope this makes sense to someone out there.

Sally S

octal 22:26 05 Jul 05

If you are going to this site click here there is a little tick box that says Remember my ID on this computer, any good?

octal 22:28 05 Jul 05

I should add, you should be able to put a icon on your desktop by dragging and dropping from your favorites.

dogbreath1 22:30 05 Jul 05

You could try using Firefox as your default browser. click here This enables tabbed browsing where you can have many web pages open at once, then using the tabs to toggle between displayed pages. If you search 'Firefox' on this forum it will show you what a good browser it is.

lotvic 22:40 05 Jul 05

If you 'right click' on the shortcut doesn't it give you an option to Open in New Window ?

I often have several Web pages open at the same time in Internet Explorer.

VoG II 22:43 05 Jul 05

Just drag the little e to your desktop.

lotvic 22:53 05 Jul 05

Or drag the little e onto the blue taskbar (next to Start) and open a new window then go to ebay

leo49 23:12 05 Jul 05

Even if you keep the window open your session will time out eventually and you'll have to re-enter your password.

lotvic 00:06 06 Jul 05

that's a good point.

dogbreath1 19:35 06 Jul 05

"AccountLogon: Logon to your web accounts with just one click!

One of the most useful and valuable time savers you'll ever encounter if you have too many online accounts. Are you tired of entering a username and password for every website you visit? Download this amazing award winning software and you will never have to type another password again! AccountLogon gives you secure 1-click access to all your online accounts. It will navigate to the website, fill in your username and password and click the login button, saving you countless hours of frustration. Your details are totally secure with built-in encryption 3 times stronger than internet banking and many more other features! Download a free evaluation now."

click here

Kate B 22:40 06 Jul 05

You can pick up Yahoo email with Outlook (and I presume Outlook Express) - if you leave that running you don't need to keep checking back with the web page. I'm on broadband and I've got Outlook set to check once every 2 minutes for email - they just ping into my inbox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…