Keeping drivers updated

wilsgor 15:11 27 Aug 05

I have had a free scan from drivershq.com which tells me half of my drivers need updating. Anyone using this web site and can recommend it? or are there better sites for analysing and updating drivers.

dave_and_confused 15:19 27 Aug 05

How to analyse if your drivers need updating.

Does anything not work? If so then proceed to manufacturers website and obtain newest drivers. If all is working well leave well alone.

Let sleeping dogs lie - seen too many PCs knackered by a frenzy of driver updates.

ACOLYTE 15:20 27 Aug 05

I find the best way is to visit each site individually,i wouldn't rely on a program to do it for me even though it may be good.

Stuartli 15:27 27 Aug 05

If I remember correctly this is a website that charges for some or all drivers.

Better to go to click here and sign up (it's free); username is always drivers2 and password is all and it won't cost you a penny.

There's also guides to various drivers at:

click here

Diemmess 17:01 27 Aug 05

........you have

Changed your O/System

Changed your mobo or some hardware

AND

Something is not running as it should.

If everything is working as well as it always has done, there is no advantage in finding new drivers... They may actually upset things, because they either don't match your present circumstances, or they come from a source which would like you to pay some money for their "improved driver."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…