keep old email .

kakellie 22:40 16 Apr 04

I've recently signed up for broadband with ntl is there any way i can keep my old email address which was with virgin pay as you go.

User-312386 22:42 16 Apr 04

if its a pay as you go account then just dial up to the virgin account and collect your e-mails from there

stalion 22:45 16 Apr 04

be able to keep your incoming mail depending on Virgin but you will have to arrange another email account for sending email.Regards

VoG II 22:50 16 Apr 04

You should be able to receive no bother.

If you want to send you will need to set your SMTP settings to the old account (assuming it is still active).

Personally, I would send a mass mailing to all your contacts informing them of the change.

Dipso 23:08 16 Apr 04

I have had a Virgin email address since I was with them last June. They expect you to dial in every 60 days to keep the addy active but I haven't dialled in since January and mine is still active.

I was sent an email after about 6 months to tell me to dial in if i wanted to keep the account live.

You only have to dial in for a minute or so. Just download your emails, that should be sufficient.

I have found that you need to amend your SMTP settings to your new ISP's though.

end 12:23 19 Apr 04

I thought I might get that problem whe I switched to broadband over a year ago, BUT.....all I do now is just go to my original "home page" and enter my e mail section with no problem....(and needless to say I am NOT still paying for the original "dial up" )...I DID think that I WOULD BE "barred" from my original mail address, but.....still works.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos