Keep losing wireless connection on internet

thetrickster 17:15 18 Jun 08

Hi guys have a problem. I kepp losing my internet connection when using my laptop. I have a BT homehub but the only way of getiing the laptop back online is by switching the power off and then back on, on the hub. is there a reason for this?? it gets quite annoying as this happens a few times a week. Any suggestions?????

thanks rich

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:02 18 Jun 08

Check the power saving settings for the wireless card (device manager).

Make sure the box "Allow computer to turn off..." is unticked.

i dont know about bt homehubs but on my belkin i have a setting called "lease time" and this is set to "forever" it could be something like this in your homehub set up

Technotiger 18:39 18 Jun 08

If you have Version 1 of the homehub, ask BT to change it for the later version 1.5, BT will usually provide this FOC. The earlier version is known to have this problem, while the later version (which I have) is much better. The later version has two buttons and a reset switch on the right-hand side, which the earlier version does not have.

thetrickster 19:51 18 Jun 08

Hi Techno. Looks like i have version 1 as i dont have the buttons on the side. i have a wirless association button on the back but no others?

Technotiger 19:58 18 Jun 08

Yes that is Version 1 which is known to have this drop-out problem. Get yourself a Version 1.5 as I described above. I used to get the same drop-outs, but none at all since I got the later version.

You should find this interesting reading - it also explains the difference between V1 and V1.5 in full.
click here

thetrickster 20:03 18 Jun 08

cheers great help!!

Technotiger 20:34 18 Jun 08

My pleasure ... Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…