Keep getting sent to "" web page

GJC 23:13 10 Nov 03

Hi Folks,

Can anyone help please...

A few days ago I visited an MP3 site which opened about 20 pop-ups. Once I'd closed them all down, I thought that was the end of it BUT whenever I try to download a file (for example Acrobat reader or the latest IE6 patch) I get directed to click here instead of the download page.

I've searched the registry, and every file on my PC for "Fastwebfinder" and for "fastclicks" (which dsplays in the status bar when the page is loading) but can't find any references to either. I've also run a full disk scan with Norton AV which tells me I don't have any viruses on my PC.

I'm guessing that it's a Java script or similar that's running on my PC, but I can't find it. Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, how did they get rid of it?

Thanks in advance.

plsndrs3 23:16 10 Nov 03

Have you tried spyware remover, such as spybot S&D or Adaware? Do you use a download accelerator? Sometimes these can be 'highjacked' to a default website?

dave h 23:19 10 Nov 03

Sounds a bit like the one I had recently, try this thread...

click here

GJC 00:05 11 Nov 03

Thanks for your responses. It was the same problem, ad CWShredder fixed it.

Thanks again.

Nightmanager 05:07 11 Nov 03

Thanks to all of you for your help I have downloaded the software and will try it. Hope it works OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…