keep getting disconnected

diddi.ash 18:38 19 Mar 07

Please help, ever since i signed into msn, i keep getting disconnected from internet although i am on broadband and should be online constant!!

I have checked the internet options on my browser and can not see anything wrong, it is set as broadband as my default
also now when i start my computer up i am automatically signed into MSN, which i dont want to be

Any ideas??

SANTOS7 18:44 19 Mar 07

Prevent MSN Messenger from automatically launching at startup

Stop MSN Messenger from signing you in automatically

In the main MSN Messenger window, click the Tools menu, and then click Options. Click the General tab, and then clear the Allow automatic sign in when connected to the Internet check box.

Stop MSN Messenger from starting automatically

In the main MSN Messenger window, click the Tools menu, and then click Options. Click the General tab, and then clear the Automatically run Messenger when I log on to Windows check box.

diddi.ash 18:50 19 Mar 07

i only have the preferences tab and it does not have those options, i have unticked run windows messenger when windoes starts up

muddypaws 18:51 19 Mar 07

Can't help on the first problem, but I think you will find that msn puts itself into the start menu. If it does you will have to delete from start up

Also on 'contacts' window go to tools/options/general and uncheck the top box ' 'Automatically run WLM when logging on to Windows'
Assuming you have Windows Live.
May be the same for previous version.

muddypaws 18:52 19 Mar 07

SANTOS7
Oops sorry you beat me.

diddi.ash 18:54 19 Mar 07

yes i have done that also but still disconnects me then i cant get reconnected

diddi.ash 18:56 19 Mar 07

how do i delete from start up?

SANTOS7 19:12 19 Mar 07

click here

try this..

As for the disconnect problem it maybe down to line noise so it could be a line filter issue...

diddi.ash 19:14 19 Mar 07

the only way i can get reconnected is to sign out of windows messenger and then sign back in again

diddi.ash 19:21 19 Mar 07

santos7 - tryed that it says 'not configured'
so do i still click the enabled?

diddi.ash 19:24 19 Mar 07

just looked in the control panel and into internet options and in the 'connections' tab i have broadband set as my default and i aslo have MSN there as my dial up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now