Keep getting booted.

Analyst02 10:21 22 May 04

When i try to access the internet my system running WinXP immediately shuts itself down?
I dont cant stop online line long enough to get any updates anything.
Am i mistaken in to thinking that somewhere in admin tools there is something that i can switch on/off to stop the system from shutting itself down to atleast allow me to be able to get my win/xp updates.
any help much appreciated.

VoG II 10:23 22 May 04

Start, Run, type in

shutdown -a

and click OK.

ste_bla 10:26 22 May 04

What if any error messages come up?

Do you have any antivirus software?

Analyst02 10:29 22 May 04

Vog.

Not getting any error or system messages at all.

as soon as i sign on, it boots me and restarts fine until i try to sign online again and then system restarts again.

i am thinking this is the blaster virus. but i can not stop online line enough to get fix.

somewhere deep in the recess of my mind i remember someone on here saying something about you can stop it from happening by going into admin tools and doing something in there, but for the life of me and cant remember and i dont want to go routing blindly.

VoG II 10:31 22 May 04

Try

shutdown -a

and post back if it doesn't work.

Analyst02 10:49 22 May 04

Vog..

Ok mate done.. as simple as that. sorted.

but just to put mind at rest. so there is nothing within admin tools to turn on or off, to stop system rebooting?

VoG II 10:50 22 May 04

No, that's all you need to do.

Now, I suggest you get all Windows Critical Updates and run Stinger click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…