keenware?

pinnicat 00:12 13 Apr 04

Hi gang...just run a scan and picked up 5...count em 5 trojans...all attached to..."KEENWARE\DELUPDAT.exe"....
not happy...a searched showed that this file , whatever it is , has been on my system a while and was actually updated/modified a day or two ago....any ideas?
all my security defs are up to date...but i seem to be getting hammered by virii lately...

cycoze 00:33 13 Apr 04

Read about click here and click here , there is MANUAL removal instructions on these pages .

pinnicat 00:58 13 Apr 04

ah.....not good then?
i was worried before, now im totally infested with this crap it would appear...thanks...i will call in the big guns to help...
would a total restore to factory settings clear this up and why and how...did get i it in the first place....ie...is it my fault?
thanks again
mik

johnnyrocker 01:07 13 Apr 04

no it's not just d/load from the d/load section on this site adaware/spybot/spyware blaster update and run, should solve your probs.

johnny.

hugh-265156 01:09 13 Apr 04

no dont reinstall windows just because you have adware.not nesessary.

try adaware,spybot and spywareblaster click here click here download,install both and update them.run a full scan with both and remove anything they find.

then install spywareblaster and update and enable all protection click here

hugh-265156 01:10 13 Apr 04

snap

sorry johnnyrocker

pinnicat 07:59 13 Apr 04

i have spybot s&d installed..but on the one occassion i ran it, it took out "dll" files and left me unable to run currently installed software and install new stuff....namely games......?
i am this....close to coming off line... i thought this was fun..
thanks so far anyway, it is appreciated.
mik

Taw® 09:01 13 Apr 04

pinniacat you need to be aware that when loading som games etc the end user licence that you agree to (no-one reads) often has a clause telling you it is installing "spyware on your machine and when you delete the spyware the games wont work. I run S&D all the time aswell as adaware,spywareblaster and spyguard my we machine is kept nice and clean with no probs to my existing software

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…