keenval.d Virus

AubreyS 16:23 19 Apr 04

A friend has just rung me to say her virus scanner has found the keenval.d virus. The virus scanner was unable to remove it. I have searched the net to try and find a solution, but I have found nothing to tell me how to remove it. Any ideas anyone?

ventanas 16:38 19 Apr 04

click here seemed to work this this chap.

AubreyS 17:08 19 Apr 04

I must of missed that one. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks. A.

sattman 20:14 19 Apr 04

We seem to get this question asked a lot, and I guess that the the message that comes up Virus found which is followed promply "unable to remove" is pretty scary and heart stopping to many users.

In this situation Norton places all such files into quarantine the user can then access and either try to clean or remove the file.

I would assume that AVG and the others would all take the file out off use and place safe in a similar way.

Maybe others who have experience of othe AV software can comment

mikef. 20:21 19 Apr 04

Could be in System Restore click here

AubreyS 18:06 23 Apr 04

Problem sorted. My friend bought NAV 2004 and for some strange reason, the virus dissapeared. Why should 2004 do what 2003 can't? All the same updates! I'd already checked system restore. Thanks all for the help guys. A.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…