KBC Error

xoc 10:58 21 Feb 04

Have aToshiba Satellite 100cs Notebook on the blink!
Won't start up, but when switched on shows a blank screen with Error message at top left "KBC Error"
Any ideas?
Have tried a Google on it and found a number of people have had similar problems, but when I chased up the leads, there was no conclusion for anyone!
Have tried starting up with boot-up disks installed , but got no joy!
All suggestions welcome.

y_not 18:21 21 Feb 04

According to the information I have found it seems to be the tab key on the keyboard is sticking.

Instructions I found read: -
Power Off and remove PSU and battery.
carefully move the keyboard plate (curved piece of plastic directly in front of the pointer buttons)
You will see a small metal plate holding the keyboard in place unscrew this and tilt the keyboard upwards.
You will notice that the keyboard in plugged to the motherboard via a ribbon cable you will need to undo this (to do so very carefully push the left and right sides of the connector and you will notice it moves up releasing the ribbon cable. Plug in the power and power up if the system starts then the issue is with your keyboard and you may need to get a replacement (first ensure the TAB key is clean (remove and check under the white nipple).
To reassemble follow instruction backwards

Hope it works okay

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…