kb950759 internet explorer update

xbladeblue2 08:09 13 Jun 08

ive recently installed security update kb950759 for internet explorer 7 and hotfixes kb950760, kb950762, kb951698, kb951376.

after installing them my pc automatically rebooted and then i went online and couldnt get into any websites that require a password, or anything that uses popup windows. My internet also seemed quite slow.

I tried uninstalling the internet explorer update but the uninstaller seemed to lock up when processing the registry.

The only way ive been able to get my PC to work properly on the internet has been to restore my PC to a date before i downloaded these updates.

Any advice anyone?..Im now online, but i have all the automatic security updates turned off.

xbladeblue2 08:10 13 Jun 08

by the way i use XP service pack 2

birdface 10:02 13 Jun 08

Try Installing them one at a time.When you find the one giving you the problem remove it again.I would leave the IE7 one to last.From yesterday.click here

mr_ed 13:30 14 Jun 08

I have the same problem. The culprit is KB950759. The symptom is that when this patch is installed, I am not able to visit ANY internet site with IE7 - I get the DNS error page. When I back out this patch, all is well. I'm running Windows XP on three machines. On one machine, the update is installed and everything works fine. I have not installed the patch on the third machine. One difference that I noticed is that on the machine that does NOT work, I have numerous entries in the Trusted/Restricted Sites under Ineternet Options => Security. The machine that works has NO entries. I'm assuming that PC-cillin populated these Trusted/Restricted sites. I do see that some of the sites that I try to visit when the patch is installed are in the Trusted site list and not in the Restricted site list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…