KB2507618 repeat installation

compumac 20:21 13 Jul 11

Just reinstalled an Acronis Win XP image from August 2010 to my laptop and updated all Microsoft updates. KB2507618 keeps indicating that it is available and I download and seemingly install it and then it re-appears as being required to be installed. If I look at the update history it shows it being successfully installed, in fact it shows at least four times to have been installed, albeit it also shows one cancellation. Any thoughts out there?

lotvic 21:48 13 Jul 11

Perhaps try uninstalling it, then reboot laptop and see if you get offered it again.

It is just a 'security update' if you wanted you could manually download from microsoft ClickHere for the WindowsXP-KB2507618-x86-ENU.exe 640 KB and install it yourself.

compumac 22:21 13 Jul 11

I looked at deleting the entry but found it a little disconcerting when a dialogue box came up indicating that removal might cause a problem with quite a list of other downloaded updates. I have just clicked on the offered download to ignore and not offer it again. I am a little puzzled as to why the download history showed a proper installation four times and yet when using Explorer it only showed the one entry. It is a laptop that I only use for trying out software installation prior to installing on my other PC's and therefore it is not great worry, but just wonder as to why?

lotvic 00:58 14 Jul 11

One of (Microsoft's) life's mysteries ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017