Kazza Plus

suburban train 02:30 09 Feb 06

HI All

Just had a look at Kazza Plus click here

This this legal in this country?

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:59 09 Feb 06

The application is not illegal but using it to download copyright material is. There are 150 file sharers whose addresses are being handed over to the authoriteis in the UK. You have been warned.

G

Andsome 08:35 09 Feb 06

I wouldn't touch it with the proverbial barge pole.

PC Bilbo 08:45 09 Feb 06

Not only illegal to download but from such sites you can download more than you bargain for in the form of malware!

cheerup347 09:32 09 Feb 06

apparantly the safest oe is limewire pro as you have to pay for it. they look at how many fiels you ahve and the peole that have them in the 100's and 1000's are the most likely to get handed oer to the police.

its your life.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:48 09 Feb 06

'apparantly the safest oe is limewire pro as you have to pay for it'..utter nonsense. You are still allowing anything to install on your computer. However P2P sites do have virus prevention and your AV will stop the vast majority as they appear to be old viruses.

'Not only illegal to download but from such sites'...it IS legal to download from P2P sites but NOT copyright material. There is a lot of non-copyright stuff about.

G

Skills 09:53 09 Feb 06

The ammount of PCs that ive had to clean up after they have had kazza or some other p2p program on there. Loaded with spyware.

As Gandalf states downloading and installing the program isnt illegal but downloading copyright stuff like the latest movies, software etc is.

Up to you in the long run but given the ammount of people that are being taken to court over p2p stuff not worth the risk in my book.

johnnyrocker 10:18 09 Feb 06

shareaza is pc risk free, i doubt if the kind of music i like is copyright still, but to my knowledge is not available for purchase these days, i believe rights expire after 25 yrs?

johnnny.

vinnyT 11:04 09 Feb 06

Copyright in a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work lasts for the life of the author and 70 years from the end of the year in which he/she died.

click here

rmcqua 11:18 09 Feb 06

Reagrdless of the legaility issues, I'm with Skills and PC Bilbo. I have seen some horrible examples of PCs screwed up by malware originating from Kazaa. I wouldn't download it onto any of my machines, even for a large payment!

Jdoki 11:27 09 Feb 06

It just takes some common sense if you are using it. If your PC is adequately protected from malware and virus attacks then you have little to worry about.

I used Kazaa a lot in the past and never had problem with malware, spyware etc.

However there's few legal uses for P2P software (compared to the amount of illegal content) so it's your call.

However if you are interested in downloading, BitTorrent is a much better way (from a speed of download point of view). Some websites, such as Eurogamer (click here) now have all their downloads as Torrents.

I use the Azereus client, it's free and available at Sourceforge.net. I have found that for game demo downloads of large files (like those on Eurogamer), download speeds are a lot faster than traditional methods.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…