Kazaa problems

Novice-2 12:05 12 Nov 03

Someone has told me that Kazaa (lite) can cause problems on computers, both with ordinary modems and on Broadband.

Can anyone who has used - or has experience or knowledge of - Kazaa, please tell me your findings and kindly give me any advice that may be useful, please.

I don't think you'll get much help with Kazaa on here.

TBH1 12:18 12 Nov 03

"Kazaa" is virtually a swear word on this forum mate - -- though if I knew much about it I would help you out.

simonp1 12:19 12 Nov 03

Well if you use Kazaa, you will have more problems with Viruses and other programs downloaded into your pc, my advice is to stay clear from it......just dont be tempted

Peverelli 12:30 12 Nov 03

To use Kazaa, you'll have to allow it access to your computer, bypassing your firewall. You may think you're downloading a music file but it 'could' be anything - including a nasty virus or trojan that'll make you wish that you had never heard of Kazaa. You'll find more than enough Kazaa threads on this site to give you the info you need.

johnnyrocker 12:42 12 Nov 03

i run kazaa lite without much problem, the odd virus that has appeared (2 to date) have been picked up and dealt with by avg.

johnny.

©®@$? 12:47 12 Nov 03

to be honest i have used kaaza and kaaza lite in the past, and i wouldn't recommend it.i stopped using them along time ago..

if you like sorting problems out with your computer, waiting ages for files to download that can turn out to be virus's..

go ahead and install it

not mentioning the legal implications with this program

don't bother

BackSlash 13:13 12 Nov 03

Just don't download software, or anything with .exe at the end. They are more likely to be viruses. Run AVG after every download, just in case. Whatever yo do, don't download KaZaA (instead of KaZaA Lite). It has a hell of alot of spyware and adware. For Audio and Video, you should be fine.

Novice-2 13:32 12 Nov 03

What is AVG please?

canard 13:51 12 Nov 03

Antivirus protection.Download and install it because you need it anyway. You also need Sygate [or another] firewall plus Adaware and Spybot for spyware-they all need regular updating. These can be found in PCA downloads or via Google. Regrettably my descendants used Kazaalite and were OK but they had the sense to test each file for viruses before they played it. Now they've all gone wild over DVD music discs so this episode appears to be over.

johnnyrocker 13:52 12 Nov 03

avg is a free anti virus from click here

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…