KaZaA Lite contains a trojan

CurlyWhirly 20:51 02 Jul 04

I am just writing this thread to warn people that KaZaA Lite used to be spyware free but now contains a trojan called Brilliant Digital which takes up bandwidth and when sending the spyware data back to it's server messes up your internet connection with either it disconnecting frequently or error messages like 'DNS server unreachable or unavailable'
Just type 'brilliant digital trojan horse' in Google for more info.
Having this trojan on my PC also let a virus called 'Exploit-CodeBase gen' which was a bugger to get rid of!
I guessed something was up when I downloaded what I thought was a genuine file but when attempting to run it a message came up on my screen saying that 'the program was in use' and also it meant that it couldn't be deleted either even in safe mode.
I have since decided to uninstall KaZaA Lite from my PC!

Mikè 21:22 02 Jul 04

Quelle surprise !

CurlyWhirly 21:37 02 Jul 04

Mike - Quelle?

jonnytub 21:39 02 Jul 04

Hmm kazaa lite, the best file sharing programme ever, not!!!!, it does not surprise me you got the problems you describe. Just one question though, where did you get kazaa lite from, it has not been available for download forn some time !

VoG II 21:46 02 Jul 04

This is "old news". Run KazaaBegone click here and stop being naughty.

CurlyWhirly 21:48 02 Jul 04

I got KaZaA Lite from click here
You are right in saying that it has been disabled
from search engine's results and I just happened to install it again a few days ago and I have had nothing but trouble with trojans and internet connection problems!
KaZaA Lite used to be spyware free but no more

CurlyWhirly 21:51 02 Jul 04

VoG - All I am saying is that I thought the Lite version was spyware free and to discover that it contains a trojan has put me off big time

leo49 21:59 02 Jul 04

What version number was this?

VoG II 22:03 02 Jul 04

ALL of these P2P programs contain undesirable elements.

It may be fun to download a shedload of music for free but consider the risks. You are opening up your computer for anybody in the world to have a peek at. Think about it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:10 02 Jul 04

Is the trojan copyright free?

Gaz 25 22:12 02 Jul 04

Hate all the P2P rubbish... Wrecks yuor PC..

Ah well keeps us teckies busy cleaning em up. lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…