kazaa lite

pat2068 20:23 08 Mar 03

i am using kazaa lite i have only got 7 files on my kazaa lite but it is telling me i have 11 files i cant find any more files can anyone help me remove them it is also causing errors and shuting down i have been using it for months

graham 20:27 08 Mar 03

Usually deals with kazaa.

pat2068 20:31 08 Mar 03

who is GANDALF where can i get hold of him

graham 20:35 08 Mar 03
  mikef™ 20:38 08 Mar 03

graham is being sarcastic GANDALF <|:-)> is one of the biggest opponents of Kazaa here, you don't realise what a can of worms you have opened here, just put kazaa in the search box to find out. By the way I'm also against the principle involved in using kazaa but no preaching.

Terrahawk 20:45 08 Mar 03

if you are using kazaa for legitimate purposes i would suggest sourcing the files from elsewhere
as the use of such p2p applications are frought with problems ie viruses and leaving holes in your security
also their is the touchy subject of downloading copyright material which cannot condoned or dicussed on a forum such as this
as for the problem in hand have you done a virus scan

Installer. 21:04 08 Mar 03

According to a recent PCA poll, 69% of the people who expressed an opinion are in favour of p2p.
click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:33 08 Mar 03

OK I was called so here I am. Forget what graham passes as humour. Forget the copyright infringements etc.....P2P opens up your computer to all sorts of viruses and trojans. Using P2P you give ANY outsider total access to your computer. If you don't believe me (although it is considered illegal-ish) run a port scanner through a group of IP addresses and the P2P users shine brightly. Use back Orifice (1.3mb ish from The Cult of the Dead Cow) and you can forget AV and firewalls. ;-))))))))

The ONLY way to remove ghost files, of which kazaa tends to spwan the most, is to trawl through your main drive, folder by folder and delte anything that has a 'Hacker speak' name. Sorry but if you have 4 extra files there is something seriously wrong.

Then again looking on the bright side I'm sure Graham can sort this out for you with his in-depth knowledge of hacking, file ghosting and AV exploiting. Thinking about it you had better post up any odd sounding files here for a second opinion deletion-wise. I make a nice income removing the rubbish that P2P apps. leave on computers ;-)))))

G

off to the pub

Richard Madeley 01:23 09 Mar 03

"Using P2P you give ANY outsider total access to your computer. If you don't believe me (although it is considered illegal-ish) run a port scanner through a group of IP addresses and the P2P users shine brightly. Use back Orifice (1.3mb ish from The Cult of the Dead Cow) and you can forget AV and firewalls. ;-)))))))) "

You wouldn't be condoning illegal activity would you Gandalf?

queen catfish - if you've ever had Morpheus on your computer then Kazza will put files from my shared folder out of there into your shared list. check your program files to see if you have a shared folder left over from Morpheus.

it's funny how all the magazines inc PCA always point to Kazza as one of the best things on the web then ride off on a high horse.

Forum Editor 02:03 09 Mar 03

"ride off on a high horse" at all. P2P file sharing isn't illegal, and as such neither is KaZaa.

What is illegal is the downloading of copyright-protected MP3 tracks and unlicensed software, and anyone with any sense at all knows that the vast majority of files shared via KaZaa (and other sites like it) fall into those two categories. Quite apart from that, KaZaa is consistently top of the list of servers via which viruses are distributed.

Cue coconut shells.

Andsome 08:59 09 Mar 03

I fail to understand why any one who claims to have even a modicom of common sense still uses KaZaa, especially after all the complaints on this website concerning virus's etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced