kazaa, is it legal

kaz_lovin_mike 18:26 02 May 04

one of my m8s has gt kazaa and i fout i wod dwnload it too, but ive herd this is illegal, is it true and is ther any ova software like it i can use? thanx

VoG II 18:28 02 May 04

Having KaZaa is not illegal. Using it to download copyrighted music is illegal.

click here

byfordr 18:34 02 May 04

Go for Kazaa-lite if you are going to go down this route. Kazaa is stuffed full of spyware.
Keep any spyware, adware and anti virus upto date.

R

byfordr 18:35 02 May 04

click here much nicer for swapping legal files ;-)

kaz_lovin_mike 18:36 02 May 04

how do i no if its copy rited?

VoG II 18:38 02 May 04

If it is a song available for sale on a CD the chances are it is copyrighted.

byfordr 18:40 02 May 04

If its the latest films, music thats not even been released chances are its copyrighted. Just about anything thats going to cost you money in the shops will be copy righted. Freeware, certain shareware should be fine.

kaz_lovin_mike

As people have already pointed out, Kazaa in itself is legal. However, the material you download with it, and hence any other peer to peer software is the same, is an illegal operation if that material has a copyright.

Any muisc that you hear in the charts, software that you buy in the shops will have a copyright. Probably 99% of material being traded on P2P networks like Kazzaa is illegal.

Though you may find a freeware dictionary for yourself on kazaa so it's not all lost.

byfordr 22:28 02 May 04

;-) lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…