Kazaa Begone - TCP/IP Not Installed on XP

clarkyicm 15:11 10 Mar 03

After reading various threads re problems with kazaa / copywrite etcetera realised one of my kids is using this (don't worry heve removed admin from his profile!).

Followed advice to use kazaabegone which eventually removed all files. However....
On re-boot got message from norton antivirus saying tcp/ip was not installed and although I could log on to aol could not access any sites (including this one!). I'm running XP but used roxio goback anyway to revert and everything ok now except obviously still have kazaa.

Any suggestions? (no rude ones please)

jazzypop 15:29 10 Mar 03

After you run kazaabegone again, go to the Help section of XP and type 'install tcp/ip' - simple instructions are available there.

clarkyicm 16:11 10 Mar 03

Tried this but same problem even after simple tcp/ip installed.
Reverted back again. When I check now simple tcp/ip is not installed anyway so obviously this is not the problem even though this is the message i'm getting from norton systemworks if i get rid of the kazaa files.

Any other ideas?

JoeC 16:33 10 Mar 03
  jazzypop 17:36 10 Mar 03

If you look through the files that come in the kazaabegone zip package, you will see that they are just Registry cleanup files, to remove the extra 'goodies' that come with Kazaa.

I suspect that if you just uninstalled Kazaa in the normal way, then ran AdAware / Spybot / Spywareblaster, you will achieve as good a result.

clarkyicm 19:20 10 Mar 03

Would not uninstall using xp.

Have run spybot and this has removed a load of trash. Where can I get adaware?

Any idea how to uninstall kazza itself?

jazzypop 19:37 10 Mar 03

Kazaa should be listed in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs

Adaware is available from click here

graham 19:38 10 Mar 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…