kazaa

nobrain 14:35 31 Aug 03

ok will uninstall them, i didnt know i was doing anything wrong !cheers

-pops- 14:42 31 Aug 03

To my way of thinking , it's not so much doing things wrong as such but the danger that you put your machine into by exposing it to all sorts of things that you will wish you never had.

Even installing without using will result in lots of spyware being installed.

Download and run Ad-aware click here and Spybot S&D click here to remove some things. You ought to do a virus check as well.

muppetmark 14:59 31 Aug 03

to completely remove Kazaa use Kazaabegone from click here it finds things evevn Spybot doesn't touch

nobrain 16:09 31 Aug 03

cheers downloading "spybot" now.

nobrain 16:31 31 Aug 03

downloaded"spybot" and that said "file corrupted" !so going to run Norton anti virus.

Joe McG 16:34 31 Aug 03

nobrain,

Download Kazaa lite, with no adware or spyware involved.

hugh-265156 16:36 31 Aug 03

remove via add/remove programs a normal then update and run you AV and both of these click here click here

hugh-265156 16:37 31 Aug 03

as normal and youre AV even

-pops- 17:09 31 Aug 03

Even with Kazaa Lite - it may not have its own nasties included but you certainly leave yourself open to attack/infection/infestation whenever you connect up to someone else's (unknown, unreliable) computer which is what these P2P things are all about.

powerless 19:15 31 Aug 03

Shhh If i'm not mistaken kazzalite is infact ilegal shh...

Because what they have done is striipped down KAZAA and removed the "spyware". Which i think would not be allowed...

;-)

Peverelli 22:37 31 Aug 03

Kazaa Lite is no more illegal than Kazaa. It all depends on what you use it for. Download copyrighted songs without permission is illegal, no matter HOW you do it. The other problem is that you could be downloading what you think is a song or a video (legally or not not) and find you've got a nasty Trojan or whatever because you've allowed Kazaa to bypass your firewall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…