Kayak UA800

Hello All
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!

I have a Kayak UA800, but i am having trouble booting it up it keeps defaulting to the hard drive. I have changed the boot order to floppy and cdrom but nothing. When it goes straight to the hard drive an error appears :

"A Kernel file is missing from the disk. Insert a system diskette and restart the system"

Can you help !!

Cheers

Steve

GibsonSt19 13:53 19 Dec 03

They might know where the Kernel is :) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

1. Could you please clarify what a Kayak UA800 is? I've done a search on google without one result!!!

2. Tell us what Operating system you have, and give us a bried rundown on system specs.

That should be enough to get us going for now!

they dont know he went missing a couple of weeks ago, but they found some of his suit in a bargain bucket

Its Windows NT, with scsi hard drive.

Steve

GibsonSt19 14:13 19 Dec 03

So it's a PC? or laptop?

I maybe wrong, but should it default to the hard drive? I think most PC's do.

yes it is a pc, but i changed the boot order to go to the floppy but it still went to the hard drive mate

GibsonSt19 14:16 19 Dec 03

Are you sure the floppy is a boot disk?

GibsonSt19 14:16 19 Dec 03

What I'd be tempted to do next is take a note of your current BIOS settings, then reset the BIOS and see where the thing boots from then.

win 98 boot disk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…