Kaspersky or Nod32 AV?

Major Disaster 20:43 09 Jul 05

I have heard good things about both of these scanners and even some saying 100% detection rates. I was just wondering which is better of the two, any personal experiences with either product and any good tests/write ups comparing both? Thanks

jimv7 20:46 09 Jul 05

nod32, not ever tried Kaspersky, google for anti-virus, nod 32 comes top every time.

Iron Maiden 20:58 09 Jul 05

Used Kaspersky for over 2 years at work.
On 4 servers & 40 pc's never had any problems

interzone55 21:13 09 Jul 05

NOD32 is fantastic, it works in a slightly different way to other AV progs, but it catches everything thrown at it.
The interface is slightly unusual but simple to use once you get used to it.

The only problem I found is that Google Desktop Search doesn't like it at all, so it kindly offers to uninstall itself, something I've never seen before.

Having said this, the usual advice applies, there is no need to pay for Home AV software, AVG is good click here but Avast!4 is better, and updates more often click here

rômanab 21:21 09 Jul 05

Check for yourself click here click on "scanner test July 04" then "executive summary"

Kaspersky beats it hands down.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:43 09 Jul 05

I run a mail out list of over 90 AVG free edition users and they are all delighted. This is better than any lab tests or comparisons.

G

VoG II 21:51 09 Jul 05
  interzone55 21:59 09 Jul 05

I'm not being picky or anything, but Nod32 is not covered in that test, so Kaspersky could not have beaten it "hands down".

Various independent tests have shown that Nod32 has consitently stopped 100% of the visuses thrown at it.
click here (requires one-off free registration)

The Belarussian Mafia 22:01 09 Jul 05

NB - Kaspersky is not compatible with Firefox.

AVG is free, effective, and updated very frequently (at least once a day). Avast looks nice on the screen, but the free version doesn't block malicious scripts.

DieSse 00:37 10 Jul 05

"This is better than any lab tests or comparisons."

With respect, your 90 users will only have encountered a small selction of viruses which are out there "in the wild".

So sensible lab tests, which cover a much wider range of viruses, "must" be better tests.

NOD32 is not just a top AV program for detecting viruses, but MUCH FASTER and with MUCH LOWER system overheads than even the second fastest - verified in tests.

The latest version is also certified against Spyware and Trojans.

You also pay once per year with NOD32 - this entitles you to not just the virus pattern updatea, but also ALL new program versions - no "2003/2004/2005" upgrades to pay additionally for here.

Belatucadrus 00:50 10 Jul 05

"the free version doesn't block malicious scripts."

Considering the battery of gear that you get with the free version, I don't begrudge the pro version one or two extra features.
If however anybody feels that the lack will cause distress click here or click here are a couple of tiny downloads that should ease the mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…